Chinese Engraver Problems

Steam Nut

A couple of months ago I purchased an engraver machine from China, not expensive ones like £1000 but about £400.
So on getting it the first thing I noticed was ‘No instruction’ although I figured maybe you don’t need one. So, I modified my compressor and that works fine. Then I plugged all of the airlines into the labelled sockets including the two hand pieces. And the foot pedal.
I switched the compressor on - then the engraver, NOTHING! The rotating thing is rotating and I tried turning the controls fully clockwise, still nothing. There’s no air going to the foot pedal. I don’t know whether you are conversant with my model the number on eBay is HH-G01 Called Graver Max
Regards
Bob

Clyde Adair

I have had to resort to a Chinese copy as well. Mine had issues with power to the hand piece. I removed the cover and found one of the internal hoses had become kinked. I cut about three quarters of an inch off the hose and re-routed it and that part now works fine. The issue left is in the foot control which seems to want to be either full on or off and no in between. I have an idea on how to make it work to my satisfaction and I'll try to post that as soon as I get it done.

first

Chinese engraver is one big drawback. But bad quality is not the worst thing in it. It's dangerous for life. It burned down when I was not at home, and fortunately only part of the room burned out. For me it was a great lesson, never buy a сhinese tools.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
When it come to engraving tools America is number one in power assist tools and if anything go wrong with the tools you'll be able to get them fixed.Buy American. J.J.

papart1

That is correct Mr. JJ it's all fun and games until the bottom drops out of some 189.00 air rig. Then the crying starts, and the realization sets in that "I just waisted all that money + shipping for this?"papart1

JJ Roberts

papart1,Your lucky to have spent only $189.00,I only wish that people interested in engraving would ask question here before they buy any tools all you need to do just ask and help is here. J.J.

papart1

Yeah JJ I have heard other nightmares of chinese garbage.............I was steered right when I bought my equipment, part Steve and part grs and part sam. some from rio, some from otto. I buy NOTHING from chinese/oriental ............... .............. .......

johnsonwork

True. I've always told my students to work only with original grs. I'm worried about the future of my students, they don't really understand why they have to invest in high quality tools. Good that you have this topic. Here everyone can read about real experiences.

plein88

True. I've always told my students to work only with original grs. I'm worried about the future of my students, they don't really understand why they have to invest in high quality tools. Good that you have this topic. Here everyone can read about real experiences.

+1 There is no sense to work with a poor quality tool, it’s just exhausting. It's falling apart at the seams. It can seems as an easy call but in fact it's just a waste of money, brains and time.

Grayson

I wish I could help you, Bob, but all I can do is warn the wanna-be pneumatic engravers looking for a bargain. Our Engravers Cafe and Ebay occasionally list used GRS equipment. You can download manuals and parts lists from GRS. Those units are not as cheap as Chinese, but replacement parts from GRS and advice from this board are readily available.

Crossbolt

Elite Cafe Member
I've seen this in many walks of life.
There are exceptions to the rule of cheaper isn't better, but sadly people tend to assume the exceptions are the rule. That's different from looking for a good price on a good thing. When people ask me why I'm willing to spend more on somethings my standard reply is I can't afford cheap shit.
Jeremy

johnsonwork

Great words. This is an age of fakes and look-a-like cheaper tools. Many companies and goldsmiths are involved in this business. Even amazon sells copies. I really wonder, our life is too short for that. Work, enjoy, let yourself to have the best in life!

frozenyogurt

Thro' personal experience, it is much better to work only with quality tools and not spend time experimenting with look-a-like stuff.

Stefan

Elite Cafe Member
It has long been understood that "China" is a solid trash. I categorically and fundamentally do not buy and advise others. Complete disregard for Chinese instruments !!!!!!!

johnsonwork

It has long been understood that "China" is a solid trash. I categorically and fundamentally do not buy and advise others. Complete disregard for Chinese instruments !!!!!!!
+1! Counterfeit products may be very dangerous to operate.

frozenyogurt

Because of the chinese counterfeit, I almost lost my workroom. The engraver caught fire right while I working on it! Be careful, the damage to your health and property can be huge! I've had to go through such a terrible experience, I would never advise anyone to deal with сhinese engravers.

bigboom4865

Chinese equipment is always one step behind, because the Chinese do not create new technologies, but only copy the existing ones. Goldsmiths working with Chinese tools are also destined to be behind because of this reason.

Latest posts

Sponsors