Can this be removed or??

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I sent a winchester 94 action to JJ for polishing. His elfs did a excellent job,and my old hands and shoulders did not hurt al all��

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
I sent a winchester 94 action to JJ for polishing. His elfs did a excellent job,and my old hands and shoulders did not hurt al all��

Oh make no mistake...I called JJ too :) He and I spoke for awhile about art and engraving and the like. At the end I felt like I owed it to myself to try to master this phase of engraving too...BUT If I find I don't have the knack for it he knows he will be doing some work for me :bow:

Donny

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
So I just got off the phone with SpeedyMetals...after sending them the pic of this metal...They said "umm thats hot rolled, not cold rolled". I had him look up the invoice. I had ordered Cold and was sent hot. He then proceeded to tell me I should have been able to tell the difference. I guess I will the next time :)

Donny

Archie Woodworth

Elite Cafe Member
i've found one of the best ways to scrupulously observe that dictum is to learn when and how to put a "safe edge" on a file. the basic idea is to grind & polish the teeth off an adjacent face of the file so that you can work right up to a step/ledge or other raised detail without the file cutting sideways where you don't want it it to. this trick is also useful for many other situations where it's important to cut ONLY one surface at a time
Mitch, Great point...

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Donny, I suggest you take smoke pulls of the lettering you will have to re-cut before filling. You may even consider per-cutting your lettering on the Parkers before filing. You may have to go back to the lettering here and there but it might save you butt as to lettering work or anything else that needs to stay. Serial Numbers have a legal depth. Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors