Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't often post any work here but I'll try and make an effort to rectify that.
This is a slide for a Nighthawk Custom T4 Stainless 1911 I just completed. I won't get the frame for final photos till Shot Show in Jan so here's the bare slide. It was a fun project what with the lined background and weaving the flare cut scroll through the T4 logo. Something a bit different from my usual. These were taken before the clients name was cut into the blank panel on the right side. IMG_0648.jpg IMG_0617.jpg IMG_0612.jpg

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
clean and really cool looking work you did there. how tough was the metal to cut ?

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
I like the plain scrolls on the outside they seem to draw the eye to the nicely shaded center. I like the lined background too, I'll be trying that on my next work. I've " favorited" this post. Thank you for showing.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I can tell you that this background was one of the toughest things i've ever had to figure out. Deceptively simple. After all, I can run a dead straight 5 inch line on the edge of a slide, a bunch of 1/8 to 1/4in lines should be a breeze. Wrong! Play around on a practice plate is all I can say. You'll figure out a method.

Sponsors