Another thing that only works in the movies...

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Having grown up in Denver, Colo., I've known about Molly Brown my whole life and have gone by her mansion on Pennsylvania St. many times. However, I'd never seen the musical, "The Unsinkable Molly Brown", starring Debbie Reynolds & Harve Presnell, until a few days ago.

Near the end of the movie, in a tiff with her hubby, she takes off her wedding ring and he tells her to read the inscription inside. She replies that, having never taken it off before, she didn't even know there was one.

It read: "Always remember two things: That I love you and the name of the bank."

How would you like to engrave all that inside a woman's ring?! :confused:

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Engravers ingenuity would be useful in that instance... (as would shorthand)

Cut it down to "Remember, I love you & (insert bank name)" - for example.

Perhaps have a contest on here to see who can express those things even more succinctly? Without resorting to shorthand?

Brian

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What if the name of the bank is something like----The First National Bank of Piskyswitch, South Dakota?

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My first thought was "eww, that ring must be FILTHY" but that's just the jeweler in me

i thought that, too! and what does it do to your skin after years under a dirty ring?

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
When you get paid by the letter, you'd be surprised how much you can fit into a ring.

Latest posts

Sponsors