Bruges, Belgium

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is my latest attempt at landscape (cityscape?) painting. It is a panorama made by combining two photos I shot on our last vacation. I fell in love with Bruges and only wish that we had several more days to explore. I have just under 30 hours in this picture and I am still not quite satisfied. It seems a bit flat to me, not "painterly" enough. I'll probably keep fooling around with the image for a few more days. It's always best to leave a work for several days, then when you return, you tend to see flaws that you were blind to before. I can definitely say that I am tired of painting in all those different windows! I doubt that much of the detail work will show up on the Forum photo, as it will be, by necessity, compressed due to the panoramic width.

Attachments

• Bruges_Canal.jpg
    Bruges_Canal.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I think it's fantastic, Mark! I'm not seeing any flatness. I hope you're going to print and frame this. It's outstanding!

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mark, with your talent in "painting" these outstanding pieces, I can see you setting up shop at high end craft fairs and selling prints as fast as can be produced. Or rather, having your own special art exhibit at an exclusive art gallery.

Bill