Hope you like it.

Attachments

• etching.canada.geese.jpg
    etching.canada.geese.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 217

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
This print is engraved with a hand push engraving tool on a copper plate using an etching press,I've never tried acid etching all my prints will be of the sporting art. J.J.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Your etching is why I gave up duck and goose hunting. It is a little talked about fact that if one of a pair is killed there is a fifty fifty chance the mate will take a noose dive out of grief. Same with most breeds of ducks. I had occasion to be riding north out of Aberdeen South Dakota and came to a delay in the construction on the road. Up ahead from me a goose had been hit by a car. They often nest in the snow melt sloughs along the roads. The dead bird was laying next to the pavement while the live bird lay next to him. Each time a car came by the live bird would run down and hide in the bull rushes. When the car passed it ran back up and lay down next to the dead bird. I pulled out of line and watched for fifteen or twenty min. Same every time a car went by. When I went home I gave my three bird guns a super cleaning job-sheathed them And now take them out once a year for oiling. Nobody will ever convince me that there was not true love in that pair. That was it for my duck and goose killing, particularly when I am not all that crazy about the wild meat flavor of the birds in the first place. JJ your etching hit me with the same feeling I had that spring sitting on my bike like it was yesterday. I don't remember the fire fights the way I remember those birds. thanks for making me thankful. Fred

Last edited: