Trying something, hope it works

style0

I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on an engraving block ( I know I have to eventually). Was out in the garage and had an old swiveling rocker that has seen better days. Tore it apart and I'm planning on using the heavy duty lazy susan to make a foot controlled pedestal stand to mount my vise to. Flipping it over puts the ring at perfect foot height with the stool I've got. This might come in real handy for using a chasing hammer.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
neat idea. i think for me, that may prove to be a bit too large. is there any wobble to it ?

style0

It's pretty tight, I need to put adjustable feet on it though. Every time I move it's location the floor is different. I think you may be right about it being too big. I may need to put a smaller ring on and cut it down a bit. I'm thinking a kids bike wheel rim.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
whatever the choice-- it's wise to cover it with a plywood circle. then cover that with bathtub "anti slip". some circles refer to it as "wing walk". i made on years ago. didn't like it at all. i found the plywood was too slipery . the tub stuff made the footwork much easier.