Affinity Pro

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Has anyone here tried the new Affinity Pro photo editing app for the I-pad Pro? The videos look very interesting. They are saying that it is almost as powerful as Photoshop on a desktop and you can work in RAW directly. The main selling point to me is the ability to use the Apple Pencil directly on the photo I'm manipulating, like a Cintique tablet. The app is $30.00 but that is not much when compared to Photoshop. The only downside for me is that I still haven't figured out a simple way to send photos directly between my I-Pad and my Windows OS on my desktop. Nor can I hook-up my older Canon DSLR to the I-Pad to download photos directly. I will probably have to find a card reader for both Compact Flash and SD cards with an I-pad Lightning connector.

jbmartin

Just use the USB to lightning cable and plug the iPad directly to the pc. Tell the iPad it is ok to trust the pc. The iPad will show up under My Computer as a storage device that you can drag and drop photos to and from the pc.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
jbmartin,

Thanks for responding. I have tried several times to do just what you said, but to no avail. The I-pad shows up on my computer as a storage device and I set the i-Pad to trust the desktop but whenever I've tried a "drag and drop" the I-Pad refuses to accept the incoming data. Interestingly, I have no problem syncing my i-Tunes between the two computers, so it's not a problem with the cable.

jbmartin

Sorry about that. I interpreted "directly between my ipad and my Windows OS" to "FROM ipad to windows". You are right, you can't send from your pc to the iPad. It works from iPad to pc for quick transfer.

Mike_Morgan

Elite Cafe Member
The only downside for me is that I still haven't figured out a simple way to send photos directly between my I-Pad and my Windows OS on my desktop.

I believe airtransfer+ will do what you're looking for... it will send files from PC to IOS and vice-versa... you'll need the airtransfer+ installed on your iPadPro and the windows machine uses an internal network URL, if I understand it correctly... the whole thing works over WiFi.

Important note, I have never used this app.

Archie Woodworth

Elite Cafe Member
I have been singing praise about Affinity Photo and Designer for a while now. I loaded the Affinity suite on my MacBook Air and reciently on iPad Pro. Before I got all the hardware tied into iCloud, just emailed the photo to myself and opened on appropriate device and imported it into Affinity....manybe not a good idea if you need to move a lot of files around but was the work around that I used for a while.

Latest posts

Sponsors