Engraved Rolex

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Just finished engraving another Gothic theme Rolex with a number 13 added for good luck! I have engraved a lot of skulls lately but my customers seem to love it and I really do appreciate having the work.

deazyner

Hey David- that is really cool and your cutting always looks so clean. Quick question- how did you feel when you engraved your first Rolex?

Thanks,
Keith

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Carlos! Always good to hear from you.

Kieth - thanks and in answer to your question about how I felt engraving my first Rolex... I had prepared myself pretty well for it by engraving a number of not very expensive watches. I started with a couple for myself and for friends as a gift so there was no pressure learning the ropes engraving watches. But that being said there was certainly some anxiety when I was sent my first Rolex to engrave! My main concern was how tough the stainless steel would be to engrave. I was relieved to find that it was no harder than any of the other watches I had already done. Even now there is still some anxiety but that is kind of what makes hand engraving so fun for me!

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Carlos! Always good to hear from you.

Kieth - thanks and in answer to your question about how I felt engraving my first Rolex... I had prepared myself pretty well for it by engraving a number of not very expensive watches. I started with a couple for myself and for friends as a gift so there was no pressure learning the ropes engraving watches. But that being said there was certainly some anxiety when I was sent my first Rolex to engrave! My main concern was how tough the stainless steel would be to engrave. I was relieved to find that it was no harder than any of the other watches I had already done. Even now there is still some anxiety but that is kind of what makes hand engraving so fun for me!

Can you recommend a few watch Brands and models to cut for friends?

Don Curtis

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Can you recommend a few watch Brands and models to cut for friends?

Don Curtis

Don - you can get nice looking Seiko, Bulova, Citizen and plenty of Invicta watches for under 100 bucks. Go to Amazon and look for those that have good surface areas to engrave. Stick with stainless steel with no coatings of any kind.

Monk - thanks for your comment!

Latest posts

Sponsors