Staying logged in

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
All of my other IPads and mobile devices logs me in automatically. My IPad Pro did this when I first got it last week but now I have to logged into every forum including this one. How can I fix this? I do check the Remember me but it doesn't.

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
I have trouble, as well. If I have something of significance, or someday, perhaps, a tutorial to post. . .forget it, as it won't happen. It won't post, and there's no sense of doing it again. I see other guys can post lengthy stuff, without problem. Why?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
These are browser problems and not the forum software.

I write lengthy posts in notepad and then paste them into a forum message. Much safer that way and you don't lose anything if there's a hiccup posting it.

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
My problems are not in posting. My problem is that I have to log into every forum everytime ....... It doesn't remember me. It has the same settings as my other IPad. All my other computers and mobile devices remember me.

Last edited:

Sam

Staff member
My problems are not in posting. My problem is that I have to log into every forum everytime ....... It doesn't remember me. It has the same settings as my other IPad. All my other computers and mobile devices remember me.

It's the browser. I wish I had a solution but that's all I can tell you.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sites remember you by placing a "cookie" which contains the info of your last visit. Obviously, your browser is either set not to accept them, or to erase them when your browsing session is complete. Alternatively, there are anti-virus programs which may do the same thing upon running them. Since all your IPads are NOT mirror images of one another, you have a software setting that needs to be corrected. If you can't do it yourself, I advise you to visit the geek squad at one of the local computer outlets.

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
I cleared the browser history and it fixed the problem. It was the last thing I was going to try before I was going to the Apple Store. Saved me a trip

Sam

Staff member
Google is your best friend. 99% of problems like this can be solved with a google search since there are hundreds or thousands of people who have experienced the same problem. A trip to the Apple Store for a forum problem might not be something they could even troubleshoot.
Incidentally, in the help sticky it advises deleting cookies if you're having login issues. It's right there at the top of the page.
Glad you got it sorted out.

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
I know about the sticky but I could always log in to all sites with no problems ...... it just wouldn't remember me the next time ....... I got no help from asking Google, Apple help or any other source. I just remembered that sometimes clearing the history helps and luckily it did.

Latest posts

Sponsors