A little help with some image editing software please.

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
I'm able to fabricate most anything I want. I can work with metal or wood or electronic components. My problem is this computer. I am a fumbling, bumbling mess when it comes to using it.
I have been using LibreOfficeDraw to modify my images to transfer . Everytime I use it, I spend hours clicking, deleting last action and clicking again till ,finally I get an image I can use.
All I need ( I think) is a program to size, darken or lighten and flip the image. Something simple and cheap. Can someone please steer me in the right direction to a good image editing program I can really use and feel like I know what I'm doing ?
Thanks, Mark

Karlspinks

I had the same issue. I'm not great with this kind of thing.

I now use lightroom. When I open an image it has options on the right to brighten or darken. Increase or decrease exposure, lighten or darken blacks. Simple cropping.

It works really easy for me when I can and edit images.

I got a download key on eBay for around £10 for an older version

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Nearly any graphics software can resize, darken, lighten, and flip an image. If you simply want to lower the opacity of an image to make it lighter, then I would suggest using a vector application like Illustrator or Coreldraw. Then there's Inkscape which I don't know much about, but it's free and can probably do it as well.

If you need PHOTO editing capabilities, then vector is not what you want, and you need Photoshop or another photo editing software.

Whatever you choose, you will be miserable and frustrated until you learn the application's tools. There's just no getting around it if you want to be proficient with it and not wasting time fumbling around trying to figure out how to do something.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i found out all about learning curves when i got corel draw. as mentioned, even with the easy-to-use programs, there will be some curve to master.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
When I want simple text and image resize and flipping ability I just use Open Office. It's just a free open source office type program.
For more complicated stuff I use Corel. Basically I fumble for 30 min or so until my partner walks by, asks what I'm doing, and then he hits a few keys, the printer whirs and I have my image.
You don't need a program. You just need a savvy business partner.

Latest posts

Sponsors