Beading punches for steel

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
I have been using Ngraver beading punches they work great but when I went to order new ones they only have 2 sizes now.
In an earlier thread on beading punches Mitch siad he was having good luck with otto frei punches. Frei lists 2 sets I would like to know the 1 you use.
Thanks,
Leland

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You should continue the conversation in that thread, it would help all, and Mith might be automatically notifed if he subscribed to that thread.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i have a graded set of 21 numbered sizes. not sure where i got them, maybe the bay. never tried mine on steel.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I use #5-#8 for punch dots. You can buy them anywhere but Rio Grande is easy enough or Tira's site.
The larger ones can be tapered down to make smaller ones if they get a bit dull.

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
Layne and Big-Un,trust me I am frugal some say tight fisted I sharpened the last one till it is gone. Now I won't finish this Colt this week but that's the way it goes sometimes. Tira shipped my punches today next week I'll be up to my arm pits in them.
Thanks,Leland

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yep, Leland, I've been looking at Tira's punches myself and am considering getting some.

Bill

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
Big-Un I got them today ordered Wed. from PA to the hinter lands of KS that's service Tira is awesome. The punches are maybe a little to hard for the stainless gun I am working on I shattered 1. I took 3 of them and put in the heat treat oven at 400 degrees for a few minutes and finished my job with 1 punch. There is nothing wrong with punches it is what I was working on. I will buy them again.
Leland

Latest posts

Sponsors