My Second watch

Rstripnieks

Hi all!
here are pictures of my second watch.
engraving this i wished i had air graver ,took me forever to engrave and assemble,design etc.
Camera and equipment upgrade would also be not a bad idea

Attachments

• inv2.jpg
    inv2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 219
  • inv3.jpg
    inv3.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 218
  • inv4.jpg
    inv4.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 218
  • inv6.jpg
    inv6.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 219
  • inv11.jpg
    inv11.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 222

Rstripnieks

John i dissasembled bracelet as much as i could and pressed parts into thermoloc so i have less vibration ,still i noticed that vibration was small issue but stainless did not made that all easier.
transfering was tricky and i had failed few times before i got decent transfer without slipping when burnishing design .
I Used Lindsay 96 degree V graver but i ground steeper face on it and dubbed tip (carbide graver)
Its only my 5 th piece of engraving other than coin or practice plate so i learned a lot .
engraving took Forever but i really like how it turned out and for first time i drawed design on paper and edited on photoshop so it was fun .

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Turned out really well. Only your fifth piece of work and no power assisted engraving. I'm not sure what's more impressive, the extensive layout, cutting stainless by hand or having the patience not to rush through it. A very fine piece of work.

Allan

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A layout note. This would have been a great place to use the wax transfer method of engraving flat design of both side and band and cut into nonferrous metal for the ease of cutting push graver then make fast and easy wax transfers or make even make a rubber stamp transfer. both methods can be very useful on jobs like this and real time savers.- Fred