Question: Airtact conversion?

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
There used to be a smaller separate box unit that could be used to convert Max & Mach to AT.

I have one here, and went to look for another one the GRS site.

No joy... so I assume they quit offering them? Or did I simply miss the webpage?

Does anyone have one they'd like to part with?

Brian

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian-
are you talking about the separate AirTact units that were a little smaller than the current GraverMach/Maxes? if that's what you're looking for, I have one Chris DeCamillis loaned me a few years ago, that i never got around to even taking for a test drive. as i remember, he didn't use it, either, so it's pretty much like new, with extra palm pads. if you're interested, ask him if he wants to sell it. if you strike a deal, let me know and i'll box it up.

a product search on GRStools.com brought up this:
https://www.grs.com/product/004-935-airtact-control-system/

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
If you use the outboard Airtact, there's a switch hack you can do so you can switch to a conventional foot pedal when you want to. I did it on my old Gravermach and it worked perfectly. The normal outboard Airtact installation doesn't allow for this.

If you use the outboard Airtact, there's a switch hack you can do so you can switch to a conventional foot pedal when you want to. I did it on my old Gravermach and it worked perfectly. The normal outboard Airtact installation doesn't allow for this.

Any chance you could share how to do this? I am looking into getting an Airtact for my GraverMax G8.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
IMG_9305.jpg

This is the switch I mounted on my older Gravermax. I labeled the inputs AT and PED for Airtact and Pedal. You can flip the switch to use whichever one you want.

Latest posts

Sponsors