Question: Lindsay or GRS?

I'm currently using a GraverMax G8 with a 901 hand piece but tried out a Lindsay system yesterday. People who've used both could you message me or email me reasons for why you chose the system you did?

Email is Taylor.calderon95@gmail.com

Thanks!

Last edited:

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They will both acomplish the same exact things, same cuts same detail work.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Jerry K

Elite Cafe Member
One can be used while driving, the other can't! That is the only difference that I know of. All kidding aside, the Lindsay Palm Control can be used at shows and remote locations using CO2 or air cylinders to drive the unit. That's a plus if you do shows. Otherwise they do the same job.
Jerry K.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Lindsay's is very portable and uses less air. The Gravermach AT system goes from palm to foot with the flip of a switch. I find this useful especially for stippling and using sculpting punches. Lindsay's can use a paintball tank. GRS cannot. GRS handpieces use their QC adapters as you already know. There is always a system of tradeoffs and each system has its own benefits.

At the end of the day there's no difference in the work produced by either system.

zzcutter

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, do you use the palm feature more then the foot control on your GRS system, and which do you prefer for what use, Just curious thanks

Sam

Staff member
Sam, do you use the palm feature more then the foot control on your GRS system, and which do you prefer for what use, Just curious thanks

I use the Airtact (palm) for 100% of my engraving. I switch to foot pedal to stipple and to use sculpting punches. I just don't have good control trying to stipple with my index finger on the knob to actuate the handpiece. Foot pedal is much better for me.

Thank you everyone for your responses. Sam you make some very valid points, each has some distinct advantages over the other although they are minute in the bigger picture.

After trying palm control I would say it definitely felt more natural than using a foot pedal and I will definitely look into getting an Airtact for my GraverMax G8.

Sam

Staff member
I will definitely look into getting an Airtact for my GraverMax G8.

You can do that, but seriously consider selling the G8 and upgrading to the GraverMach AT as opposed to the outboard Airtact. You'll be looking at $400+ for the Airtact unit plus another $100 or so to convert your handpiece.

Latest posts

Sponsors