Figures

preachinpilot

Soooooo, I am trying to get a line on stamped figures, i.e a good steerhead etc. Years ago several companies offered them but cant find them now. Stamped versus cast. Yep someday when I get to where I can cut a decent scroll I will attempt to learn to inlay and engrave my own but til then just looking for a source.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
try a local machine shop. there may be a dude in such a place quite willing to help for a few bucks.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
I have a very complete set of CAST Western figures that will soon be offered for sale. Both the master figures and the rubber molds.

The molds are getting on in age, but I would guess that I can still get clean waxes out of 90%+? Shooting waxes is a skill by itself, and your results may vary.

However the masters are there and and it takes about 45 minutes to vulcanize a new one. Much less time for newer silicone molding materials.

Long since lost track of suppliers of die struck figures. The larger manufacturers have no reason to offer theirs up for sale...

We have yet to inventory, take images or price them and they were not at the top of my list of things to do - but if someone is seriously interested, I can probably be persuaded to make time.

These are cast masters which never wear out - and 90% functional rubber molds. May also be some amount of ready to use inventory? Don't remember at the moment.

Brian

Also might be willing to do a 2 day instruction on mold making and/or casting for someone interested? Or even the carving of masters?

Last edited:

preachinpilot

Roger that. Silverama it is. They wil stamp me steer heads in silver copper brass or steel, gold too I imagine if I send it to em.

Latest posts

Sponsors