FEGA Master ring

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
masters_ring_3.jpg

masters_ring_1.jpg

masters_ring_2.jpg

I worked with a CAD designer to come up with a FEGA Master ring. There are a few small flaws in the casting but all in all it turned out quite well I think. It's all CAD except for the monogram on the top and FEGA and MASTER which I engraved. I had it cast in 14k yellow gold.

There's only one and this is it. I have no financial interest in this project. If other masters are interested I can share the CAD file with you and you can have one made.

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Really nice lookin' ring Sam, well designed!... would be a worthy addition to go with the FEGA Master Certificate.

Sam

Staff member
IMG_9296.jpg

I stumbled on a way to produce this patina by applying Birchwood Casey Perma Blue paste to the surface of the ring with 4/0 steel wool. It produces a natural looking brownish color.

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
Older Design of a FEGA Ring

Great design Sam - I might want to use the CAD program if it's available.:thinking:
I made my personal FEGA Ring sometime in the late 90's when I was at the jewelry store. We were working with the CAD and the ModelMaster 4D program when it first came out. I digitized the FEGA Logo and cast that and a signet style ring with a depression in the top - then I pinned and soldered the Logo in the depression. I did the scroll work and set the diamonds. It's nice, but it doesn't say FEGA Master - mostly because the title didn't exist at that time!

Sam

Staff member
Great design Sam - I might want to use the CAD program if it's available.:thinking:
I made my personal FEGA Ring sometime in the late 90's when I was at the jewelry store. We were working with the CAD and the ModelMaster 4D program when it first came out. I digitized the FEGA Logo and cast that and a signet style ring with a depression in the top - then I pinned and soldered the Logo in the depression. I did the scroll work and set the diamonds. It's nice, but it doesn't say FEGA Master - mostly because the title didn't exist at that time!

I remember your ring, Mike! I forgot how nice it looks.
The software the designer used is Rhino which you can download as a trial version if you're so inclined. It's pretty involved learning it which is why I turned my idea over to someone who's an expert at CAD design.
If you'd like the file he made you're welcome to it. You can then have one cast. Drop me an email if it's the file you want and I'll send it along.