Photobucket

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't know if it's known here or has been discussed but Photobucket does not support third party links anymore....they want paying for the upgrade, I think in the region of $60.

As far as I know, all my posted pictures are no longer visible on this or any other forum.

Phil

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I host all my own photos an a Yahoo small business account. It only cost me $12.00 a month. Very simple process to post photos. I never liked photobucket or the others at all. There is one problem with it. some websites will not let you put your photos on them because they are against advertising and consider the URL as an advertisement. I have only found one like that so far.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
I noticed this as was dismayed that your posted pictures were no longer available for view along with several others who have posted using Photobucket. Not sure what can bedone but and in hopes that you and others can find a way to display your work. It is invaluable for study.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil, A great loss of both your's and Simon's work to view and revere. We all knew the free exchange in a free world was doomed. Periodically those freedoms must be paid in blood and pain.

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Some of the guys on other forums are telling me that phtobucket wants $400.00 to host. On top of that they sell your photos to whoever will pay for them. I never liked them. They were a pain. I can upload a photo to my yahoo hosting in about 1 minute and do whatever I want almost instantly with them. I must have a thousand photos on my yahoo file. I can put one on the net in about 30 seconds. It cost me $144.00 a year but I also have a website for the same money.

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
I have far more photos than I need,,,doubles and quadruples. I'm just going to delete about 35% of them. I'd like to find a similar service to keep them but I'm too cheap to pay those rates. I think by putting similar pictures into folders might be saving space in my photo library???

Yossi

Omg, Phil I've just spent the last week trying to see that paperweight of yours from every computer I can find, but to no avail...
Do you have a copy by any chance that you could post directly onto the forum? Or maybe on PM? Pleeease?

Jan Hendrik

Elite Cafe Member
I really hope things get sorted with Photobucket Phil!
I look forward to every time you post your and Simon's work on the forums. You are both great inspiration to many budding engravers. We are already suffering from withdrawal symptoms!!

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
I have kept all of my photos and documents on backup hard drives. I have a small portable that I keep with my laptop that is has 1T memory. The 2 desktop versions I believe have 3T memory each. I gave up on Photobucket several years ago, I just quit using it because I already had the photos saved in 2 places. All 3 of my backups combined cost less than $400.

There are other hosting sites, I use Tinypic.com, not the best but easy to use. NO sign up, No fees, just provide the data and go for it.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Whats wrong about storing your photos on this site?
Bandwidth and storage space cost money. Example: How much is your cell phone package and how many gigs are you limited to?

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have the picture you seek. I don't know how to move it from my computer to Sam's or your's. some directions will get you what you seek. The bugling stag paper weight. beautiful work, I can be reached at private message here to exchange phone numbers. Fred

Last edited:

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Omg, Phil I've just spent the last week trying to see that paperweight of yours from every computer I can find, but to no avail...
Do you have a copy by any chance that you could post directly onto the forum? Or maybe on PM? Pleeease?

Here they are.

Phil

Attachments

• THREEQUARTER forum.jpg
    THREEQUARTER forum.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 182
  • BACK forum.jpg
    BACK forum.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 183
  • TOP forum.jpg
    TOP forum.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 183
  • Compilation Finished forum.jpg
    Compilation Finished forum.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 183

Yossi

Thanks Phil, and all the others who who wrote in to help me get this eyecandy! This has got to be one of the most decent communities on the web...

jaydf

those should only be use on paper currency bills or stocks, not on ordinary papaet!

amaziiiiing work!

many many thanks phil for sharing!

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I haven't dropped into the Café for a while and just noticed that my Photobucket stored and shared pics are no longer available. They want $400/year to share my photos. No Way! Anyone got any ideas of a free store and share photo site?

Latest posts

Sponsors