+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Practice a Belgian accent, always go to za counter wift the apron on and a magnifier flipped up and say ya OK we do for sumvar round $ no ve cant have it it by then well let me think if there is somesing I can move back a little-Let za girl know I haft to get back to za bench. Disappear

Christmas will kill you-you will come to hat that and graduation time.

Really Mike Dubber could lend you some insite as he did both at the same time for 40 years.
    Fred
    Want to learn to engrave, "cut an inch a Day every Day" Jim Small
    Fred Marrinan

2. Likes Southern Custom, mitch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at it from a non engraver and non jeweler but business standpoint.
    1) You must know the Jewelry business or they wouldn't let you take over the store and you must be good at it for the same reason.
    2) it's an established business so there is ongoing income.
    3) you like engraving but you know little about the potential based on your questions.

If it were me, I'd go for the Jewelry business because it seems like a great opportunity and it is what You know. At the same time I would develop my engraving skills and take classes as i could and develop the engraving business and reputation. It seems to me that the engraving and Jewelry businesses are very complementry and there is no reason that you can't do both and make a natural transition as you develop your engraving reputation.

But that's me, I'm the one that values security but will take risks where it makes sense and is what I like. You are the one that has to decide what you will do and have to accept the results of your decisions. You are young and have plenty of time to learn.

Good luck whatever you decide.
    Last edited by Memorymaker; 07-18-2017 at 02:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2