Looking for a California Engraving Class/Lesson

I am tempted to take a basic engraving course at GRS at the end of the summer, however I live in California and after all expenses the price is essentially double that of class cost. Would anyone happen to know of some classes here in California or any engravers willing to do one on one lessons? I am also very interested in taking a stone setting (Primarily Bright/Bead settings and Pave work) course and I am aware of Revere Academy in San Francisco but my only issue with that school is the fact that they do hand push and I am a pneumatic user. Any and all help/guidance is welcomed.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
You could not find a better instructor in CA than with Brian Marshall. I suspect he will see this post but try and PM him.

You could not find a better instructor in CA than with Brian Marshall. I suspect he will see this post but try and PM him.

I have tried many times for the last couple months to set something up with him but he has yet to return my emails. I am very eager to take a one-on-one lesson and am looking for any options at this point as I would like to move forward with this.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Quick apology and explanation for my intermittent/erratic recent presence and lack of contact both on the forums and at home.

A few months ago we had a death in the family... and the disaster that has come after, has been something that I would never have imagined in my worst bad dream...

You would think that an event like that that would bring a family together, but I am here to tell you that is NOT always the case.

The aftermath has completely destroyed and irrevocably split my family. I see no way to repair the damage done, and so I've quietly removed myself from the situation.

Long story short, I am back home. I will clear my emails and PM folders over the next coupla days and respond to ALL of them. Yeah, there are a lot of them...

(I'm pretty sure I didn't leave anyone waiting for a check?, but if I did, I am sorry and will take care of it immediately.)

Brian

Stockton, CA
instructor@jewelryartschool.com
209-477-0550

Last edited:

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
Be to check back several years Brian, there's plenty from me in there, unanswered, going back at least 10 years.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sorry to hear about your family situation, Brian. True feelings and emotions always rear their ugly heads at times like death in the family; I've experienced the same thing and it ain't fun. All we can do is do what is necessary on our part to do what is right and move forward. My blessings and best wishes to you.

Bill

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sorry for your situation. i too, faced a situation requiring me to act as "keeper of the peace". went on for a couple years. i grew weary of adults acting like 2 year olds. peace finally came when i removed my wife and i from the goings on.