JCK Show scrollwork demo

Jerry K

Elite Cafe Member
One of your less complex works Sam. An excellent example of balance, layout, execution and shading, (the norm for you). Add in a unique element and
voila, it's art!
TYFS
Jerry K.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Just a suggestion...

If you are going to take the time to do that level of work - why do it on a base metal "practice plate"? (Unless you plan to make castings, in which case it makes more sense)

There are thousands of useful items that demos can be done on. Items that can be sold, or used for whatever purpose they were intended for.

Especially at the JCK show - gold or silver rings, pendants, bracelets and the like would seem to make more sense than a base metal practice plate?

Brian

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Just a suggestion...

If you are going to take the time to do that level of work - why do it on a base metal "practice plate"? (Unless you plan to make castings, in which case it makes more sense)

There are thousands of useful items that demos can be done on. Items that can be sold, or used for whatever purpose they were intended for.

Especially at the JCK show - gold or silver rings, pendants, bracelets and the like would seem to make more sense than a base metal practice plate?

Brian

You're right Brian. Occasionally I do engrave an actual article as opposed to a practice plate. And sometimes things like this just one just happen and I regret it not being on a pendant or something. Quite often I will vectorize my design to use for student practice and I'll probably do that with this one.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
JCK2017-plate.jpg

The completed Side A of the plate with stonesetting by Ben Bentvelzen of The Netherlands.

Latest posts

Sponsors