Engraved Watch Dial

Ron Jr.

Elite Cafe Member
Seiko SNZH55 with a custom engraved argentium silver dial. The beveled crystal is doing some double exposure tricks to the pics of the engraving. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• seiko4-4.jpg
    seiko4-4.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 298
  • seiko4-1.jpg
    seiko4-1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 293
  • seiko4-2.jpg
    seiko4-2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 293

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
love your work, Ron, but hoping the skull fad dies out sooner rather than later... ;-)

Ron Jr.

Elite Cafe Member
love your work, Ron, but hoping the skull fad dies out sooner rather than later... ;-)

I actually agree with you Mitch but skulls seem to be popular on watches right now. I've been trying to sell these custom watches and have been trying to figure out what would appeal to the largest audience. I have only sold one watch so far (had a skull on it) but through exposure have gotten several commissions for ones with engravings of a personal nature to the buyer.

The pics seem to be really lacking in giving you an idea of how these look in hand and I might need to get out and peddle these the old fashioned way, face to face. I'm not just saying this because it's my work but these watches are just so cool when seen in person. While the nature of viewing this type of engraving is always the same there's something going on with the crystal and light reflection that makes the engraving really pop to my eye. The other day the sunlight hit the watch I was wearing (pic below) just right and I could actually see the engraving (in good enough detail to see the numbers and tell what it was) reflected on the wall next to me. I think it was partly due to the polished argentium silver, it really is the shiniest silver I've ever come across.

If anyone has any suggestions for an appeal to the masses theme I'm all ears:thumbsup:

Attachments

• mySKX.jpg
    mySKX.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 234

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bikers and custom car guys might be a good market. I was thinking of airbrushing some flaming skulls on the hood of my car.......but like Mitch said and I decided not to.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That second watch appears to be a standard stainless Seiko dive watch. Where are you able to find blank dials?
Great job by the way!

Andrew Biggs

Very cool dial. Looks great.

If anyone has any suggestions for an appeal to the masses theme I'm all ears

Hah............find the answer to that question and you will have solved one of the secrets of the universe. Every year research companies spend billions worldwide searching for that Holy Grail and they still have no definitive answers. :)

There's always something for everyone's personal taste and work can come from the most random and unexpected quarters.

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

Ron Jr.

Elite Cafe Member
That second watch appears to be a standard stainless Seiko dive watch. Where are you able to find blank dials?
Great job by the way!

Thanks:) There are TONS of mod parts out there for the Seiko SKX007/9's and while you can find someone to make just about any kind of dial you'd like I'm fabricating these myself.

Latest posts

Sponsors