HELP*** Questions on what gravers to purchase and what kind?????

fzaffuto55

Hey guys so I am new to engraving but am very dedicated in learning so here are my questions:

Background: I own a GRS GraverSmith with a 901 Hand piece. I also bought a couple of different Quick Change Gravers for it

1. What other gravers will fit into the 901 hand piece besides the GRS Quick change gravers?

2. Will the Lindsay Graver blanks fit into the 901 ?

Thank You in advance !!!

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The quick change portion only holds the graver. The graver itself is not a "quick change". Any graver can fit the quick change collet if the tang is cut down to fit. Lindsay or GRS blanks are made to fit those collets. 3/32 is typically the standard graver blank. You can shape a blank to be anything you want. If you are not familiar with making gravers then I recommend the basic Lindsay sharpening system. The templates make it easy to repeat graver geometries.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You might also take a look at the very first thread on the top of this page called "Beginner's tool list". Most questions can be answered there.

Takoyaki

Hi there,

I also like the Lindsay template system, its easy to use ... but ...
please mind;
with the grs QC holders, gravers will sadly NOT fit into it!
;-)

greetings
Tako

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi there,

I also like the Lindsay template system, its easy to use ... but ...
please mind;
with the grs QC holders, gravers will sadly NOT fit into it!
;-)

greetings
Tako
The quick change collects do not fit in the Lindsay sharpening system, but all you have to do is take the Graver out of the collet put it in the Lindsay sharpening system and then put the Graver back in the collet really simple really easy.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Sponsors