Help, please: Sorry, but this is a computer question.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm an old PC user and am very new to the Mac World. I love my iPad Pro but I need some help. I can't find a way to transfer photos (particularly PSD format) to a simple program within the IPad FROM the PC. I want to set up a simple file of art works and engravings to show to potential clients. I would love to be able to do this via cable and not have to buy more memory in ICloud. I have heard of an app called PhotoSync that uses your in house WiFi, but don't know if that will solve my dilemma. Besides, how can you put an app on a PC, wouldn't it need an actual program? I was able to crate a basic folder within Google Drive, but it won't open any PSD (Photoshop) files, even though it will show their thumbnails. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
Hello,
Save it as a jpg, you can save it in the size-resolution that will work the best. Also a png or tif files might work but would be larger files.
Hope that helps.
Mark

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Doc,
More information----- the reason why the thumbnails transfer is because they are a ".jpg"
The PSD format is for Photoshop to read and allow you to change the photo---------- not for sharing in that working format.
Go to the "Save As" and save as a .jpg
Mark

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the info guys. It looks like I'll just have to go back and reformat all the psd photos into jpeg. It will be a pain but it's the simplest solution.

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Mark,
There is a program in PS called "Batch" go File-Automate-Batch and it will size and reformat all the PSD files dropped into it.
I used it long time ago-- so I forgot just how, but you should give that a look.
Mark

As a last resort DropBox is always a simple option of sharing between devices. Similar to iCloud but easier for me because it allows you to set up folders for everything.