The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Artists

Archie Woodworth

Elite Cafe Member
This 30 minute video outlines "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Artis" and how one artist, recognized these habits and embraced them to improved his artwork/skills. While his media is digital artwork, it seems to me, that these seven habits can be beneficial to us as engravers as we learn our craft.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Artists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM39qhXle4g

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
I've been blessed with a career of making art, every time I watch something like this it seems they're describing my daily routines of the last 40 years.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That was a really interesting video. Some of the things I've picked up without noticing, some of them I'll be putting into practice. He was entertaining and easy to listen to. His art is pretty awesome too

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Danae, after watching this, several of the habits and practices mentioned reminded me of you and your experience here. You've always thrown out whatever project you are working on for critique. You've been prolific in the volume of work produced, unafraid to ask questions and most importantly, tenacious in the pursuit. Having watched the 7 habits it comes as no surprise that you have shown so much progress in that period.
Carlos and Shawn are a few others. You doggedly pursue this thing and it shows in your accomplishment.
Recently I've been dedicating one hour a day to a project I'm working on. Even if the only thing I accomplished was filling a few more pits or trying up a surface. I find myself more driven every day I sit down to work because of it. I think in marketing they call it "Top of mind awareness"
Thanks for posting this! I'll definitely add to my bag of tricks.

Latest posts

Sponsors