+ Reply to Thread
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Artists

This 30 minute video outlines "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Artis" and how one artist, recognized these habits and embraced them to improved his artwork/skills. While his media is digital artwork, it seems to me, that these seven habits can be beneficial to us as engravers as we learn our craft.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Artists
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM39qhXle4g

Post Thanks / Like

I've been blessed with a career of making art, every time I watch something like this it seems they're describing my daily routines of the last 40 years.

3. Likes JJ Roberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a really interesting video. Some of the things I've picked up without noticing, some of them I'll be putting into practice. He was entertaining and easy to listen to. His art is pretty awesome too
    The meaning of life, Is a life of meaning.

Find me on Facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/engravingbydanae

Or follow me on instagram (Engraving by Danae)

Post Thanks / Like

Danae, after watching this, several of the habits and practices mentioned reminded me of you and your experience here. You've always thrown out whatever project you are working on for critique. You've been prolific in the volume of work produced, unafraid to ask questions and most importantly, tenacious in the pursuit. Having watched the 7 habits it comes as no surprise that you have shown so much progress in that period.
    Carlos and Shawn are a few others. You doggedly pursue this thing and it shows in your accomplishment.
    Recently I've been dedicating one hour a day to a project I'm working on. Even if the only thing I accomplished was filling a few more pits or trying up a surface. I find myself more driven every day I sit down to work because of it. I think in marketing they call it "Top of mind awareness"
    Thanks for posting this! I'll definitely add to my bag of tricks.

6. Likes gcleaker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All,
    Unfortunately, YouTube took the site down...kind of a bummer as there really was some good information there.
    I did do a screen snap of the seven habits before it was taken down.

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 2.25.59 PM.jpg

8. Likes gcleaker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The video maybe gone but a google of "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Artists" will get you more info than you have time to read.

+ Reply to Thread