Heads up on Lindsay quick change tool holders

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Lindsay quick change tool holders can be purchased as Single Index and Quad index styles. Be advised that the single index style will not fit in the lindsay sharpening fixture. This is not mentioned in his description of the item on the web site. The quad style may fit but I cannot confirm. Best to ask if you are ordering them. They are beautifully made just like all Lindsay stuff.
Cheers
Don

Jerry K

Elite Cafe Member
Good to know. I placed an order this week for a palm control with the quad quick change tool holders. I'll contact Steve and ask.
Thanx
Jerry K

Jerry K

Elite Cafe Member
I spoke with Steve and he would be happy to address any issues that may arise with tool tolerances. Call or email him whenever this sort of problem occurs.
Jerry K

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Don,Jerry, The single and the quid will not fit the Lindsay temples,not used for sharping but used as an extension when the chisels become smaller. J.J.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
JJ;
Thanks for the info. I think Steve dropped the ball on this one. Kind of defeats the purpose of quick change if you have to remove the tool for a minor touch up of the graver. The ends could have been machined 3/32" just as easily and would have made them more convenient. It is nice to be able to extend a short graver though. Probably work ok in the GRS sharpening fixtures.
Cheers
Don

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Don,Steve did't drop the ball,you need to put the chisel in the temple and use the plastic gage witch will give you a 45 degree face.I made a gage out of brass with three positions,41,45 and 50 degrees and I don't think it will work in the GRS sharping fixtures. J.J.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For lindsay there is no need fornthe quick change collects, you're throwing your money away remove the metal Allen screw and replace it with the plastic thumb screw that's in the package and a quick turn of the thumb screw and you place your new Graver inside that's all you need if your graver's are round just slightly make one flat indentation on your power hone for indexing when you resharpen

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos,
I couldn't agree more, it is pretty hard to make graver changes any quicker than loosening a set screw and sliding in the graver using a Lindsay air graver. I bought the extenders to lengthen a graver that was too short to use in the sharpening template (a bit shorter than 1-5/8 inches). If the holder would have fit the sharpening template, I could have sharpened the shorter graver( something in the vicinity of 1-1/4 inches. I only question why the shanks are not 3/32" since the air graver accepts 3/32" gravers as do the sharpening fixture.
In any case they are still functional for extending gravers by a maximum of around 1/2 inch.
Cheers
Don