+ Reply to Thread
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ken Hunt English fine scroll

IMG_9156.jpg

IMG_9155.jpg

Ken Hunt's English fine scroll from the '70s I believe. It was when he was with A.A. White Engravers.

Join me on Facebook

Sam on Instagram

:::: Leave more than you take ::::

2. Likes bronc, Cloudy, quickcut07, RDP, tdelewis and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sam, those are some great close ups.
    Jeff Miller

Post Thanks / Like

It makes me feel a little better to see even on Ken's work here that it's not all perfection. And I'm sure I'll catch flak for that but I think cutting perfect English scroll is a recent trend. Maybe because of magnification? As I understand this style was invented to cover spaces economically and without superfluous ornament. The overall form was the emphasis and not the individual scroll.
    Just an observation and I don't have a lot of experience firsthand with very many examples. I"m sure there are many exceptions to this.
    As I''ve said before, feel free to give me a virtual rap across the knuckles if I'm off base in this line of thought.

5. Likes John B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes me feel a little better to see even on Ken's work here that it's not all perfection.
    Marcus says that in his book and DVD. Finding mistakes with the naked eye in a full coverage is like looking for Where's Waldo.

Post Thanks / Like

perfection seems to evaporate with increasing magnification. the overall image is what appeals to me. if the work is so complicated in nature, i think it's a waste of time seeking out a tiny imperfection.

8. Likes speeedy6 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread