Best engraving request yet!

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think enough years have passed that I can share this one with the forum. This is my favorite engraving request to date. And no I did not make this up. We all get some whoppers. Here's mine. I thought a friend was pulling my leg at first.

"Hello, I hope you may be able to help me out. I will be drawing up my idea and sending out pictures within the next day or two. I need to know if you're capable of doing this and how much it will/ might cost, total. It may sound complicated but really it is not and does not have to be in great detail with shadows etc. Get back to me when you can. Thanks,

Taurus model PT1911AL .45 ACP. I have owned the pistol for 4.5 years now and thousands of rounds through it, so much in fact, the .45 ACP engraving on the barrel is almost gone. All of the flat black blueing is gone from the slide, it has been and is regularly used and carried by me, everyday.
I have been thinking about getting it re-blued in a flat black or something more durable, maybe duracoat? not too sure.. I got to thinking about an engraving on the slide/ frame that will truly be one of a kind and to blue and re-cut the barrel markings to be visible again (serial # and .45ACP).
On the flat black slide, this would turn out one bad ass and fun piece. We would need to engrave this fairly deep so it will not faid away immediately with use, this will NOT be a showcase gun. We will need to remove all the taurus logos, names etc and relocate the brand name etc somewhere else on the slide, maybe just above the flag and in front of the rear sight we could put the taurus insignia.

On the left hand side of the slide I want a long haired (small of back length hair) blonde Caucasian woman topless with a black g string thong, black fishnets and black (6") heels with her sitting upright, with her head tilted back and eyes closed, with her hair flowing behind her, legs open (her crotch visible) with her left leg down and bent (like sitting criss-crossed) and her right leg upright and bent with her heel on the floor toes facing the muzzle and her right arm resting atop of her knee with a 1911 in her hand pointed towards the muzzle of the slide and her left hand would be on the floor behind her (towards the rear, or firing pin) with a deck of cards and the ACE of SPADES showing under her hand or next to her whichever works better. At the muzzle end of the left side of the slide I want a pile of human skulls and a man standing, holding up a piece of paper that says "GUN BAN", between the man and woman I'd like engraved, COME AND TAKE THEM, not sure what text or position/ size etc. your input would be appreciated.

The right side of the slide (ejection port) I want a flag pole planted in human skulls towards the muzzle and the finial being an eagle with its wings spread and the American flag at full mast flying in a natural looking manner over the top of the slide in front of the rear sight so it is visible when I am open carrying from my blackhawk holster. At the bottom of the flag pole I want the same woman but, doing a dance on the pole, maybe bent at the hips holding the pole showing her butt and long legs, fishnets, heels etc, maybe put some dollars in her fishnets with a rifle slung over her back, something like that.

Then, the top of the slide between the flag and the front sight, above the flagpole, I want the beginning of the sentence to start closest to the flag and firing pin side of the slide, upright when viewed from the right side of the gun (ejection side), I want it to say in the same style text as COME AND TAKE THEM, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

On the front of the barrel, the very rim of the muzzle, I want it to say MAKE MY DAY so that if the gun were pointed toward you, you could read it. If it will not fit on the crown of the barrel we could put it on the barrel bushing probably.

Also, somewhere on the slide I want the outline of the state of NEVADA and a coiled up rattle snake side by side, maybe next to the man confronting the woman? I'll leave that to your imagination since I don't know if we will have to make special room for it.

Let me know if you are even able to do that stuff and the price if you can. Any further questions, feel free to contact me.
Thank you."

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Would have been a nice practical joke. Do this long enough and you get a lot of "interesting" requests. The first price quote usually sends them down the line.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Yeah, the price quote for that is gonna run into 5 figures easy. Gonna be some pretty tiny lettering... :(

And about 5 days just to lay it out? Of course that's after SOMEONE ELSE surface grinds and prep finishes the parts.

And before someone else does the final finish.

Not complicated at all...

Brian

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, let's see the final product! With all the time the client put into designing his "vision ", I assume that he was willing to part with a few bucks to see it come to fruition. I particularly want to see the girl pole dancing over the mound of sculls!

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
I guess he never did send you his drawing of the design. It sounds very interesting and he says it's not really complicated. Leaving out the shadows really simplifies things.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This falls into the 99% of people just don't have any understanding of how we do what we do. And when you explain it and give an estimate, silence is the usual response. As was the case here.

Latest posts

Sponsors