Stainless steel folder #2

DAK4442

Elite Cafe Member
I'm really enjoying the time I can spend with the Leica. I'm trying to finish this up for my son's college graduation this weekend. All I need is to finish his monogram and cut the inscription on the reverse. I lose track of time shading. I get the feeling it's going to be a life long process trying to get it right? PS. Sam, I got lucky and kept the design inside the border this time...:)
Thanks for looking
Dan K

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

DAK4442

Elite Cafe Member
Tim, one thing I can't do is take credit for someone else's design. This is actually part of a kit I purchased that was designed by Christian DeCamillis. Personally I feel I'm learning more about scroll design and shading by working under the scope for a few hours doing repetitive cutting. We'll have to see? Dan

Eric Olson

Elite Cafe Member
I really like it too. There are a few areas near the end "knobs" of your scrolls that feel to me like they should be black background instead of shaded.
Love the circular element in the center!

DAK4442

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Eric, I know where you mean. That was one of the areas I started getting lost so I "winged it". I just finished up the inscription on the reverse. Again, a learning experience...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 123

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lettering is tough, and you did well with only minor issues here and there.

Latest posts

Sponsors