Adobe Illustrator

I've seen that a large majority of people use CorelDraw and Photoshop for designing their scroll and other engraving designs. Is it possible to also use Adobe Illustrator for the design process? I currently do not have any of the above programs but I am considering either photoshop or illustrator. I currently only have the procreate app.

Julia.J

If you're considering either photoshop or illustrator for designing, then Illustrator is the go-to program. Illustrator is made for professional designers, just remember that it does have a monthly subscription to use. I think that the Affinity Designer Archie pointed out is a good low-budget alternative- can't say much as I have no experience of it, but it does have solid reviews. If you have a drawing tablet for pc (wacom etc.) and you only want to test and try things out, there's a free program to download online called Krita, I have used it for couple of years for non-commercial work and for being a free program, it's great.

~Julia

3weight

SKETCH is another alternative to Adobe products. I find it to be much more intuitive than Illustrator or PS.

Roger B

Elite Cafe Member
Query to those who have already posted in this thread - are all of the programmes mentioned vector based? Are any of the free programmes compatible with Corel Draw?

Thanks,
Roger

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Query to those who have already posted in this thread - are all of the programmes mentioned vector based? Are any of the free programmes compatible with Corel Draw?

Thanks,
Roger

I use Illustrator because it is vector based. I also don't mind leasing it online for 20 bucks a month because it constantly updates to the newest version. I probably use 10% of the potential of Illustrator but that 10% is all I need for most of my engraving work.

3weight

Sketch is vector based and costs $99. It's a Mac program but I have heard of people using it with Windows.

Latest posts

Sponsors