Companion Piece for the sculpture drawing.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is the companion for the Bernini statue I did last week. This is also from Bernini and is also resides in the Galleria Borghese. It is called Apollo and Daphne. The myth is that Apollo pursued the water nymph Daphne but she wasn't keen on the idea, so she called upon her father, a river god, and he turned her into a laurel tree. Kind of a tough rescue! Anyway, Apollo was so in love with her that he took the laurel tree as his symbol and that is why the Greeks placed a wreath of laurel leaves upon the heads of their Olympic victors.

I have found a local printer that supposedly does true Giclee printing for fine arts. So tomorrow I'm going to see if he can turn my Procreate drawing into decent prints.

Attachments

• Apollo_&_Daphne.jpg
    Apollo_&_Daphne.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 103

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Sam. Boy, I WISH I had read your comment about GICLEE TODAY before going to my local fine arts printer this morning! The local printer was 3 times the cost of your printer, even with shipping costs considered! I only ordered a couple of test prints to see how the final effect would work out and it was over $70.00. I'll use GICLEE TODAY for the bulk of my printing on your recomendation. Thanks again Sam.