I have often wondered....

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
It was in the 1100s if I remember right. I had to send it back to Gast Corp after about 3 months as it had a dry bearing squealing in the electric motor and they gave it a new number in the 300s. I don't know if the serial numbers have any real meaning.

I actually have the original paper work on both the purchase and the warranty repair.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
I probably have the original paperwork as well, but I sure in the hell ain't goin' to look for it now!

If someone wants the provenance on it that bad after I'm gone - they are welcome to go digging...

Brian

By the way, that 8" monster handpiece that originally came with it didn't serve much purpose. I finally got some use out of it by using it to chip away old window putty some years later.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
By the way, that 8" monster handpiece that originally came with it didn't serve much purpose. I finally got some use out of it by using it to chip away old window putty some years later.

LOL. i never found a use for that beast.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Same here Monk. Ordered mine through Brownells December '74 for the princely sum of $470 plus $30 shipping.

i forget the year. i got mine from gesswein. i think it was a bit over $450 bucks. they shipped 2 of them. i contacted the co. they said there was no way a mistake like that could have been made. after a time, i got disgusted and just kept the second one.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Years ago (more than 20?) Gesswein shipped me some 6" flat mill rollers that I didn't order. Kept insisting that they didn't ship them and weren't gonna pay the return shipping...

After a year of trying to get them to take 'em back, I gave up. Wound up keeping those too.

Brian

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Years ago (more than 20?) Gesswein shipped me some 6" flat mill rollers that I didn't order. Kept insisting that they didn't ship them and weren't gonna pay the return shipping...

After a year of trying to get them to take 'em back, I gave up. Wound up keeping those too.

Brian

i had much the same experience during that era with a big order for rifflers, escapement, & needle files. i swear they sent more items i DIDN'T order than those i did- wrong cuts, shapes, sizes, you name it, if it could be screwed up, it was. i eventually got everything i wanted and they let me keep all the extras, some of which i've used over the years.

Latest posts

Sponsors