Critique Request Stainless Folder

DAK4442

Elite Cafe Member
This was my first crack at one of Chris DeCimillis' knife patterns. I took the liberty of trying out a banner I designed, on the opposite side. I'm more used to sterling so I was initially spending way too much time resharpening until I got the hang of engraving a harder material. Thanks for looking...Dan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 186

gcmeleak

Your scroll Flo's really nice your shape looks good to me and your proportions are good I like your banner keep up the good work skill comes from diligence

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
This is nicely cut but the design going outside the edges of the knife doesn't make sense to me.
You worked hard on this and it shows :clapping:

DAK4442

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Sam. I've been trying to work on my shading. I'm learning that each individual shade line has to have a purposeful beginning point and end point or it will automatically draw your eye and look out of place. As for the design going outside the edges? I originally intended to carry the design over the beveled edge of the knife. Engraving it that way became too problematic for my skill set so I bagged the idea. Luckily it is just a practice piece for my drawer...lesson learned...:)
Dan

Latest posts

Sponsors