Micro Engraving

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
engraving betwixt heartbeats ? engravers seem to be a strange lot. cool stuff for sure

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
This is the same guy that I saw, in a longer film, engraving finally after 150 tries, the phrase "NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE" in all caps on the EDGE of a razor blade! Maybe it wasn't smart to engrave something that small, but if he got the 40k pounds English he was asking for the blade, that changed that! The guy is amazing!

gcmeleak

I just don't know what to say other than
Skill comes from diligence.
He has just proven my quote.

JOEYS CARVED ART

Elite Cafe Member
Ron, I think I saw the same film, I think he had moved further away from the city because of the vibrations of the heavy traffic were shaking his work too much. It is an amazing story this guy has to tell and amazing work to go along with it.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just cut the word "engraving" in .3mm high letters and thought I'd accomplished something only to find out Graham engraved the Lord's Prayer on the head of a pin. Astonishing.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It takes a serious amount of concentration to move that little metal in that much time. Some of the ideas of his setup that enables him to work that small is interesting. Does anyone add resistance to their arm while they cut or go anywhere near the other lengths he goes to?

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've never done that myself Danae, but having just cut that tiny script I can firmly say that it would have helped. I actually took a look at my bench to see if there was a way to add a rest for my right elbow or forearm. It would certainly be nice when cutting scenes or very tiny work.