Ken Hurst

saint

I have not been on the forum for a while, but I just learned that Ken Hurst is in Intensive Care Unit at a hospital near his home in Robersonville, NC. A friend of mine visited him on 4-26-17.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oh man, am I sad to hear this! Ken is a great guy and a hell of an engraver! I really miss his get togethers and his sharing of experiences. My prayers go out to him and his children. I hope he has a rapid recovery.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I talked with Ken last month sounded ok, hope he has a quick recovery,if anyone know the hospital Ken is in I like to know. J.J.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
So very sorry to hear about Ken being hospitalized. He was/is ever so helpful to budding engravers. A true Southern gentlemen.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just talked with Ken and he's doing okay but feeling "washed out." He has been diagnosed with a touch of TB but it isn't life threatening , just showing up in his tests. He indicated they will keep him until sometime next week.

He is in Rm 214 at Martin General Hospital near Greenville, NC, (252) 809-6300.

Bill.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
never met him in person. a few years back, he and i came to be real phone pals. he was helpful and gracious beyond any expectation. i'll be sure to get in touch with him.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I spoke with Mr. Ken a little while ago. He's doing better, but sounds weak. He's diabetic and can't afford to adhere to a good diet, thus his problems. Wish I knew how to help him out with his diet. Any ideas? He had Meals on Wheels but that stopped for some reason. Any other venues he might be able to use?

Here are some photos of one of his Colt revolvers I took at one of his gatherings in Robeson, NC.

Enjoy.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hoping for a speedy recovery and to have Ken back at the bench soon. Keep us posted.