Critique Request Inlay into silver pendants

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Off topic question. Does anyone know if Lindsay's artisan, Classic footcontrol and Classic palmcontrol should be treated any differently... different air pressures... what one should do with the air pressures when using foot control, and can you swap pistons around throughout all of them freely?

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oh... little knife there cut soley with the Classic footcontrol... my foot is starting to remember what to do with a pedal.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Finally after 7+ years of gravel crunching in my shoulders I went to physio (thanks Brian for the pat on the back and kick up the backside that got me motivated) and they told me they think that the right exercises should be able to help a lot. Plan is to raise my left shoulder up which is sitting too low... exercise the muscles to balance out the tension which should stop my neck being squished down making it stiff and crunchy... and most interestingly... they say my muscles are covered in gristle basically and it's lumpy and the gravel crunching sound is gristle popping past other bit's of gristle... exercising right may even that out ... don't mind overly if I can get the aches sorted :) Oh the thought of being pain free most of the time is kind of exciting. I will get more work done too. :)

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
hi Danae-

my shoulders are garbage dumps, too, and i've found the key to maintaining mobility is stretching them at every opportunity. when you're walking thru your house, occasionally stop, put your elbows against the door frame, and lean forward to pull your shoulders back. do that for a minute, then reach up and hang from the trim over the door, pulling your shoulders & arms up.

another great stretching exercise is to grasp the front of the kitchen sink, then hang down until you're almost sitting on the floor. after you hang for a minute, twist to each side a couple times (this is something i do EVERY morning, first thing right after i flip the switch on the coffeemaker). this is good for your shoulders, neck, back, hips, knees, calves, & ankles- start the day pulling the kinks out from one end to the other.

a couple others i do less often are:
A) hanging one arm/hand at a time from a strap with a loop for my wrist suspended from the ceiling. i put some weight on each shoulder separately, while gently twisting & spinning.
B) i have a 3ft piece of rope with one end tied to the middle of a 2ft. section of broomstick, with the other anchored to the floor. facing away from it, i reach behind and hold the broomstick, then lean forward & push up with my legs, pulling my arms/shoulders down & back behind me. (imagine trying to pick up a heavy bucket that's sitting behind you.) i vary this exercise by having my hands closer together or farther apart, or using an overhand or underhand grip.

you definitely want to get these problems under control while you're still young. ;)

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hmm... good youtube videos on filing Brian, thanks. I got some 4" watchmakers files off ebay the other day, they're probably a bit cheap but they'll cut I'm sure. They're rusting a little, better pull them out and rub some oil over them (with a scratchie??)

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
mitch thanks for the tips, sorry to hear I'm not alone with the complaint... though i would have been shocked if i was.

So far he has me using an elastic cord to shrug my shoulders up under tension... i to the belly and out from belly to in front of me with it tied to the door knob. I'm also keeping up with the weights exercizes i was doing laying on my side and stretches I picked up in a book called "Bullet-proof your shoulder". I'm going a bit harder with the exercizes now I know my tendons and ligaments are actually all there which I didn't think they were. He wants me to get stronger. More instructions and exercizes next week

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Finally back on topic. Given this is sterling silver I think going one line of gold at a time will be the best way. I only have wire. I don't know if there will be a best way to lay down the lines but trying is the only way to see. I will use the onglette to cut undercuts into the v grooves. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• IMG_20170528_172853_157.jpg
    IMG_20170528_172853_157.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 65

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
a gentle suggestion: maybe time to start a new thread?

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes maybe. I will just finish these pendants on here and begin again.

This one looks sketchy now but I am hopeful

Attachments

• IMG_20170528_213806_401.jpg
    IMG_20170528_213806_401.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 129

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A few more hours. Trying not to make the whiskers on this critter look like inspector Poirot's mustache

Attachments

• IMG_20170529_134408_493.jpg
    IMG_20170529_134408_493.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 120

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ok so I gave him cartoon eyes but they're cute so I am ok with that. A few more hours should see this ready to blacken and solder some hardware to.

How would you blacken sterling bulino?

Attachments

• IMG_20170529_223039_470.jpg
    IMG_20170529_223039_470.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 111

oiseau metal arts

Elite Cafe Member
not much room for nit-picking that I can see. not knowing much about tiger anatomy/facial expressions myself I'm no authority to say if or not tigers ever have "You did WHAT?" expressions. I love it!

Latest posts

Sponsors