Question: Engraving Initials with a comma

Howard carter

Hi guys and girls
Is there a convention for engraving initials where there needs to be a apostrophe between the last two. The letters are H O'F . The customer does not have a specific font in mind .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Traditionally if the name was Herald Brian O'Fallon then the O'F would be treated as a single letter and should probably be larger and centered top to bottom. IT would also be the centered character and treated as a single letter.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
there's conventions. then there's folks that care little of them. be safe, consult with yer client. right, wrong, or in between, i'd let them choose. just because something's done in an accepted, conventional manner, that's no guarantee the client will like it.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Monk,

This is my guarantee:

I promise to make (or engrave) what you asked me to make (or engrave).

I do not promise that what you asked me to make (or engrave) is gonna be what you thought you wanted.

PAY ME!

Brian

i learned the hard way, very early on concerning such matters. as i have mentioned before, experience can be a rather cruel mistress. if people want to fight tradition, i'm too dang old to concern myself. if i inform a person, i've at least tried to be mindful of convention.

Sponsors