Help, please: Computer transfer software

i grew up as a cabinet furniture maker where i learned to carve, i something i have been hitting hard since i moved and no longer have the shop space i once had. I had a 20,000 square foot shop when i had my cabinet / furniture shop up and running for about 10-12 years. Doing onlays and relief carvings mostly. These days i have a shed basically and i have started to do carvings in the round and i found that i have a talent for making knives. One of my customers asked me if i could engrave seeing that i carved wood and told him; i thought it was an entirely different animal. I met a fellow awhile back who was an engraver but hadn't done it in a few years (old eyes ) but encouraged me to try my hand at it so he set up some practice pieces for me and gave me the 101 class ! While using hand tools it was very different and i might say much more difficult. When he let me use his GRS puma-tic machine well it was much easier too do, but still a bit more difficult, as you can not easily hide mistakes ! I have a friend of mine who is a jeweler and why he doesn't engrave he has been able to answer some of my questions, i have read a few books on the matter and watched some tutorial videos. I as mentioned before have done skrimshaw work with fairly good results considering my lack of training and proper equipment so i thought ballino engraving might be a good place to start. I have been told it's the easier type of engraving but is also one of the most time consuming, time is something i have...lol Unfortunately the books i own don't really cover the subject mater in regards to bullino work, but i have always been fascinated by it, as well as how to inlay gold. Now the books do touch on the inlay work but i'm not looking at doing that anytime soon. what i really need to know is this What typ of Graver should i be using ?

Latest posts

Sponsors