Leica a60, capturing video?

Rstripnieks

Leica Users ,could you please share with me information how to mount the camera when you are capturing videos and what cameras do you use?
All I could find was old thread few years ago but that wasnt helpful.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the easy way is to use a trinocular scope. don't know if the a60 comes with the 3rd tube. most small cameras are easily adapted to the task. if yer handy with a few tools, there's likely instruction on u tube that would walk you thru the procedure. i failed to say that there are electronic eyepieces that drop into one of the eyepiece tubes. these will send imagery to a pc that way. this way a camera isn't even needed. still shots, as well as video. software come with these eyepieces to use in your computer. easy to find these on the bay

Last edited:

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If you are speaking about a "through the lens" view, you can't do that on the A60 unless you get some kind of a camera that covers one of the eye tubes to work. Of course, then you won't be able to work at the same time, but you may get reasonable pictures. The A60 microscopes do not come with a trinoc version. When I am at a show with the A60 I mount a regular Canon video camera near the work so it picks up some of the engraving. This, however, is not the same as the "through the scope view." I have the video camera mount for sale on my website and I'm sure there are other mounts that will work too.

If you want a "through the scope" view you will probably have to go for a trinoc microscope with a 3rd eye tube/port.

Jerry K

Elite Cafe Member
I have mine set up with a Sony HandiCam and a camera adapter that I got on E--y. It works quite well.
Jerry K

Rstripnieks

Thank you for help! Tira and Jerry K, do you have links to videos or pictures of how it looks like in video from sideview filmed by camera? I just want to see what should I expect if I buy mount for camera.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you for help! Tira and Jerry K, do you have links to videos or pictures of how it looks like in video from sideview filmed by camera? I just want to see what should I expect if I buy mount for camera.

Tira's website has videos and explanations for her camera adapter and other stuff related to it.