First time using a scope

DAK4442

Elite Cafe Member
I was finally lucky enough to purchase my Leica A60. I couldn't get to setting it up for a couple days until tonight and had to give it a shot for a few minutes. I didn't try to pull off anything fancy, just a couple quick 3mm borders but holy cow is it nice being able to see what you are doing!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 282

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
just yesterday i made the mistake of agreeing to do a couple monograms on stock inlays (those gold oval/ellipse plates inletted into the toe line of better shotguns & rifles). these were on shotgun butts -full length bolt rifle stocks are even worse. not only are they a huge hassle to hold & turn for engraving, i have no way of doing it under my microscope. for the first time in a long while, i was forced to engrave with the naked eye(s). honestly, if i had to do that everyday i'd quit...

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
I remember my first time using a 'scope. Cranked it up to 30 power and cut my name on a practice plate. Looked like I was cutting grand canyon! When I finished I backed off and looked at my great handy work...but it was too small to read. That is when I re-assessed my future use of the 'scope. It rarely gets used.

DAK4442

Elite Cafe Member
My second round cutting running borders with the scope. I think my next step will be to design a 2" X 4" sample plate with a few more?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 112

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
I can see I need to practice my borders. How did you get that nice finish on the practice plate ?
Thanks for posting, Mark

DAK4442

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Mark, it was a mild steel 2X2. I wrapped a piece of 1500 grit black sand paper around a red erasure and polished it a bit...Dan

Latest posts

Sponsors