Help, please: Help me to pick a laser engraver...many thanks

Jokioliamia

Hi... I am going to strat a business about DIY engraved Logos... need to pick a lase engraving machine... I have already done some research on google, found some laser engraver may suitable for me...there are a article reviewing the top 10 best engraving machines, which may be helpful... and now I has decided to select one from Mophorn, BestEquip or BIQU... any suggestion? my budget is about $500...:eek:

Mike_Morgan

Elite Cafe Member
The review site you have pointed at is highly suspect, as numbers 1,4,5,6,8,9,10 are all made by the same manufacturer in China. They are all marketed under different name-brands, but the machines are the same with different powered laser tubes... Be careful! I own two of the ones on the list, and while they function, they are pretty problematic devices.

What are you going to use the engraver for? What materials, etc.

Jokioliamia

really? all from China?!... I want to cut on gun, knife and something like that... may be metal, wood or plastic..maybe you got some better choice for me?

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Jokioliamia,

This forum is not the right place to ask questions about laser marking machines... anyway I will give you my opinion about what you inquired.

If you are going to start a business based on services with a laser machine you are taking a wrong direction from the start itself. The machines you mentioned are really quite bad. You will obtain very poor result in engraving mode and just a bit better in cutting mode. What you need is a very reliable and good machine capable of performing a high quality marking and also with a good laser tube lifespan. The Chinese machines you mentioned have a laser tube made of glass and use water refrigeration. They also have a lifespan of about just 1000 hours.
I would strongly suggest you to save your money by now, investigate a lot more and then buy a good laser machine like an Epilog or Universal. Epilog has the Zing machine that is a starter series but excellent machines made in USA.
Do not try to save money in the machine you are basing your business on.

Regarding your plans "cut on gun, knife and something like that... " I must tell you that any of this low power CO2 laser machine will NOT do that. They are suitable to work with plastic and wood. Also you can achieve a nice marking on glass (no crystal with Pb content because the laser expand the Pb molecules and will crack the crystal).
Unfortunately the laser machines capable to handle metals cost several thousands of dollars and hundred thousands too... quite far of your budget of $500.

Well, I hope this help you a bit and remember, do no try to save money in the most important equipment of your business.

Leonardo

Last edited:

Jokioliamia

sorry for that... I found engraverscafe on google...just trying to ask a question, don't know that this is a hand engracing forum... what tools does people use in hand engraving? :p

Jokioliamia

thank you for your details explaining! it is awesome! maybe I should only provide the DIY engraving in plastic and wood... since I don't have much budget...

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
By far the best information you can easily obtain from "The Engravers Journal". This publication offers very good articles on equipment, materials, software and all other facets of the engraving, personalisation and awards industry. This magazine is very educative and helps people to start an engraving business.
The highly competent writer Jackie Zack annually compiles all the laser engraving machines on the market. You can find a link here: https://www.engraversjournal.com/
But be prepared, - you need a better budget!

Latest posts

Sponsors