Progress on that darned scrolls without leaves

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Well it could be better but I think I can fix most of it. My youngest daughter had friends over. Five 4-6 year old kids, wooden floors so you can imagine.
Background removal and shading to go.
IMG_5718.jpg
IMG_5719.jpg
IMG_5724.jpg
The best

Attachments

• IMG_5729.jpg
    IMG_5729.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 213

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think that it's coming along quite well. Looking forward to the finished piece. That's some clean and precise gold line work.

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
I was not sure when you started to post earlier and you stood by your guns (knife) and your vision was, is sound nice work.
Skill comes from diligence.

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Oh thanks guys! I'll keep posting as I move forward. It does not seems much to it but man this is really a tough design to pull off and make it look somewhat good.
I thought I managed to fill all areas with scrolls but now when I have started to cut the background... there will be a lot of background:handpiece::(

Crossbolt

Elite Cafe Member
this is really a tough design to pull off and make it look somewhat good.
(

I think the "simpler" the design the harder it is. There's no way of hiding blemishes in among multiple details or leaves.
The hardest engraving of all I suspect is a simple double line border. However, for my tastes, the more minimalist designs have a greater elegance that shows off more refined engraving skill ... just my opinion. I think it's worth the effort

Jeremy