Question: pave pricing

Jkasal

Depends. Are you raising the prongs yourself? Or are the prongs and seats already there and all you have to do is just set the diamonds? Here in DALLAS Texas $7/stone is decent or good quality (setting only. Not raising prongs) My experience with anyone that charges less than this, the setting is very poor quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Olson

Elite Cafe Member
"Jeweler's" Blue Book retail prices $29/stone pre-drilled, 41 w/layout for the first 6.
7th stone and over is 17 each pre-drilled, 24 each w/layout.

We have marked up our prices for inflation over the past few years, which I don't think the publisher has done.

Jan Hendrik

Elite Cafe Member
"Jeweler's" Blue Book retail prices $29/stone pre-drilled, 41 w/layout for the first 6.
7th stone and over is 17 each pre-drilled, 24 each w/layout.

We have marked up our prices for inflation over the past few years, which I don't think the publisher has done.

Gee, I wish!
Here in South Africa, I charge R22/stone for trade work if I mark and drill the holes and raise the beads. That amounts to roughly $1.69 USD per stone!
Anybody have a job for a good setter in the US? :)

Jkasal

I was referring to whole sale. On my retail business, I charge appx $12-15 per stone depending on a few aspects of the overall custom. Again if I have to raise the prongs from scratch the price goes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
$10 per stone if my partner does the cad work. (He does clean perfect work) more if I need to raise beads. Even more if the stones are not calibrated.
This is in Baton Rouge LA.

Jan Hendrik

Elite Cafe Member
Jan
With your skills you would be a excellent prospect for jobs in the USA, IMHO

In a normal day I set between 80 - 120 stones pave if I mark, drill and raise the beads myself.
With printed rings with prongs ready for setting I easily set 200 - 300 stones per day.
The most I ever did in a day was 893 stones set in four claw collet tennis bracelets where each claw had to be cup-frased and de, burred!

Latest posts

Sponsors