Mango the African grey

C Driver

Boy, that's great Sam, how did you get him to hold still that long. Lol, really like the way you did the feathers.
Charlie

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Really cool Sam! It reminds me of my old African Grey "Gandalf". He was my buddy for many years. You're really getting fantastic results with these black and white sketches.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I didn't mean that it was a photograph, What I meant was that it is so detailed, accurate, and realistic that it looks like a photograph.

Thanks for the compliment :) I knew what you meant. Glad you like the image. I hope get some prints made. Several parrot lovers have asked me for them. :happyvise:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Really cool Sam! It reminds me of my old African Grey "Gandalf". He was my buddy for many years. You're really getting fantastic results with these black and white sketches.

What happened to Gandalf, Mark? Mango's only 15 weeks old.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gandalf died from a respiratory disease that we believe he caught from a sick ferret. Yes, at that time we had a parrot and a ferret and believe it or not, they got along well together. Gandalf was only 10 years old and I still miss him. It was frightening how quickly he went down. He was gone after only showing symptoms for one day! I hope you and Abby enjoy Mango's company for many years to come. They are really a blast when they begin to talk and mimic other other sounds (like toilets flushing)!

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Sorry about your Gandalf Mark.
Love ferrets. Do you still have one? Love to see a picture.
Had ferrets when I was a youngster in England.
Earned me a lot of good rabbit dinners too.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It was frightening how quickly he went down. He was gone after only showing symptoms for one day!

years ago a girlfriend had parakeets (Dingie & Belleview- man, the useless crap stuck in my brain!) and one got sick so she took it to the vet. i can't remember what was wrong with it, but it only lived a few more days. the vet said once a bird starts actually showing an illness, it's usually pretty far gone.

Latest posts

Sponsors