Hand engraved trout knife

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Nothing too fancy, complicated or overly time consuming but thought I would show this one because I like how it looks... and the customer does too. And yes, I know that my scrollwork is always a bit non-conforming :)

trout knife.jpg IMG_5774.jpg trout knife 2.jpg progress.jpg

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
I like it a lot. Maximum beauty with minimal cuts. Wondering what graver geometry you used for the background removal around the leaves. They look pretty near vertical. Thanks for posting this.
Cheers
Don

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
I like it a lot. Maximum beauty with minimal cuts. Wondering what graver geometry you used for the background removal around the leaves. They look pretty near vertical. Thanks for posting this.
Cheers
Don

Thanks Don - I used a 105 for all the cutting on this one to achieve pretty good depth. I used a 1/4 size rotary bur (.5mm) for the background removal and then I touch up the sides where needed with the 105 after that. This client likes me to engrave his knives deep and bold. He does not like super fine shading or other detail that will wear down. Although none of his customers ever do, he likes to say that even his hand engraved knives are made to use!! Works for me :)

Latest posts

Sponsors