Beware the zoom!

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
Just spent a couple of afternoons on a drawing on the IPP. Got all finished, shaded, background colored in and it looked ok. Printed it out actual size for a 2x4 practice plate and wow, is it small! I'm gonna save that one for when I get a little better at cutting. I might try blowing it up and doing 1/4 of it on a plate. Zoom is great but it can be misleading. I need to do the basic layout full scale before zooming in for the close work.:happyvise:

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
it's a common problem on paper, too. i usually design at 150%. because of the relatively coarse line of a pencil compared to a graver, i'd prefer 200% or maybe even bigger, but it tends to make me put more stuff in than comfortably fits at actual size. i'd think the nice thing about working digitally is the ability to instantly shrink your drawing to actual size to check as you go?

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
It's so tempting to fill up all the white space with scrolls. I need to work on my leaves so I can use larger scale elements. Haven't mastered the leaf out of the back of a scroll yet.

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
It's easy to come up with a great design in zoom that looks muddy in real life. :(

Latest posts

Sponsors