First time post to the forum

vm00

Hello everyone! I have been a member for a few years, but this is the first time I have posted my work. I started engraving July 2016 after taking a basic hammer and chisel class from Weldon Lister (which I highly recommend). Before that I had given up trying to learn the hand push method after a couple weeks, because the learning curve and my school schedule did not agree. This forum has helped me immensely. It is full of so much information for beginners to take advantage of! After using hammer and chisel for a while I recently switched to power assist. I have learned so much, and I have a lot to learn.

I have been engraving cuff bracelets as way to make a little money while learning. This is a 3/4" copper cuff bracelet I just finished for my grandmother. Advice and Criticism is welcome!
Thank you!
Victor Maitland

Attachments

• IMG_20170313_221440.jpg
    IMG_20170313_221440.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20170313_223252.jpg
    IMG_20170313_223252.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome and beautiful work. You are lucky to have had Weldon as a mentor. It shows in your work. If you can cut like this you can likely self critique. I'm sure you can see a few small things here that could be tweaked a bit but isn't that the case with every piece we cut.
You are a fine example of what is often said here. Take the time to get some instruction from a professional engraver and it will pay off in time saved reaching your goals.

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Victor,
Welcome to the forum....... Your Grandmother will be very pleased and you should be pleased with your work. Weldon's the best of the best so that was a really smart move.

Dennis

vm00

Thank you very much for the kind words, Layne and Dennis! I am my biggest critic, and the elbows and flat spots stick out like a sore thumb to me. That also gives me a goal to work toward on the next peice.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
my advice-- just keep doing it ! critique ? i don't think one is needed. your work looks really nice.

Latest posts

Sponsors