Cell phone to microscope attachment

Diacutter

Looking to do a short engraving demo. At this time I'm not interested in investing a lot of money into a proper microscope camera. Has anyone had any luck attaching a cellphone to their microscope to view on a larger screen like a monitor or TV screen?

Thanks

Dave

Flashmo

You could try a "digiscoping" adapter. They are used to mount a phone to binnoculars and spotting scopes, usually to photo or video animals. DIY hacks of these are plentiful as well.

The downside of course is that you would have to engrave with only one eye while filming.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i may have to try one of these gadgets. i recently attempted to take a cellphone pic thru my scope and was amazed/annoyed at how %&$#ing difficult it was to keep the camera lens centered over the exit pupil of an eyepiece AND at the correct distance for maximum field of view AND take the shot. i figgered i'd just hold the phone up there, steady it with a finger against the eyepiece and click/tap away. oh, noooo... yes, there was cussing.

Diacutter

Thank you for your responses. My research on the web kept showing results on how to "turn your phone into a microscope" not how to adapt you phone to a microscope. I will check into these adapters and share my results. Thank you for sharing your ideas and gadgets.

Dave

Diacutter

i may have to try one of these gadgets. i recently attempted to take a cellphone pic thru my scope and was amazed/annoyed at how %&$#ing difficult it was to keep the camera lens centered over the exit pupil of an eyepiece AND at the correct distance for maximum field of view AND take the shot. i figgered i'd just hold the phone up there, steady it with a finger against the eyepiece and click/tap away. oh, noooo... yes, there was cussing.

I had a very similar experience.

MoldyJim

Elite Cafe Member
I am waiting for the 3d adaptor, a binocular web camera that sends to a cell phone/headpiece like the 3D gaming systems.
Wouldn't even have to bend over the
work bench.
The WiFi would have to be quick, but it could work in real time.
I reserve the right to patent this.idea..:)

Latest posts

Sponsors