The origin of the "Satellite" stand...

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
The origin of the "Satellite" stand...?

Including the name.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VICTORIAN-O...904486?hash=item25ba363466:g:Un0AAOSwhDdXDxgY

I happen to own one, and saw the similarity. This is what I found when I researched it...

Brian

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That could convert to a nice rolling perch for our African grey parrot.

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
At $875 they are rather proud of that old typewriter stand. Sam, the first thing my Yellow Nape Amazon would do is chew it all to splinters.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
That one is kinda expensive, but yeah, you might want one with wheels... it's quite a bit heavier than the Lindsay Engraving Stand or the Satellite I saw at FEGA.

I picked it up for $25, fifteen or more years ago. No longer has the wheels or table... been converted.

I am tempted to convert it back now and grab a little profit?

Brian

Zukiidesigns

Brian,

Very cool looking! Too bad I spent so much money on GRS equipment since taking a beginners engraving class, not really, I love all my new equipment! I've been reading and reading on this site to figure out how to set up my scope, vise, etc. I read a post of yours where you said that you use a sling for your engraving arm. This sounds exactly like what I need! Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your sling set-up, how it's attached to the ceiling, and the components you used? Also, a photo of it with respect to your bench? If it's too much trouble I totally understand.

My apologies for being off topic.

Thanks in advance!

Linda Suzuki
Zukii Designs

Sponsors